Welcome to my dating blog called 55 and Single!

You guessed it! I'm 55 years old, and I am single (not by my own doing - my much younger husband deserted me and fled to his Bosnian homeland, without so much as a second thought). His advice to me was simply: move on and live your life. So that is what I intend to do, and I am going to chronicle my adventures using various dating websites, blind dates, or whomever I happen to meet that is interested in dating.

I am new to the dating scene (had two marriages: 1st one lasted 28 years; 2nd one lasted 5 years). It's a scary world out here, women, and the rules and expectations have changed dramatically since I was last single. Being a "cougar" also adds to the mix, so I hope you will check back on my progress. Feel free to share your thoughts as I journey alone in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Happy reading!

55 and SINGLE!

55 and SINGLE!
Would you date me?

Friday, May 21, 2010

Crazy New Yorker

My eldest daughter told me that I was looking for "the One" to happen instantly. I beg to differ. I am looking for hope...I am looking for possibility. So I gave Mr. New York, another chance to disprove his insanity. I have found him to be controlling, jealous, and totally bad news. When he left me a message to never walk away from him, I was perplexed. I decided to go for the jugular and so I told him I would marry him if he sent me a ticket to New York because how else could that happen, right? He said, is that all it would take. I said yes. He said if I come to visit you, will you send me a ticket? I said, no. You're the big businessman living in the financial district in a 3bd. 2 ba. in Manhattan - I would think you could afford it more than me. I believe the guy is a hermit, who doesn't even take the time to eat, and furthermore I think he is totally cheap because for some strange reason, he hasn't got back to me about the ticket. Although I did close my yahoo messenger and haven't checked my text messages, but when he told me he would feed me ______ (fill in the blank with the grossest thing you can think of), I knew I had to get rid of him. Next...

1 comment: